शेवटचा बदल December 30th, 2022 at 09:57 am
|Department head||Contact no.|
( Law Officer, Law Department )
Law Department of the Corporation handles the civil matters filed against the Corporation before the Hon’ble Civil Court of Thane, Hon’ble Labour Court, Thane, Hon’ble Consumer Redressal Forum, Hon’ble High Court, Mumbai and Hon’ble Supreme Court, Delhi. Law Department was independently constituted in the year 2005.
FUNCTION AND DUTIES
- To register the court matters in the Dava Register
- To engage Panel Advocate rotation wise
- To inform concerned department about filing of matters and to obtain instructions in respective matters
- To finalise the draft Say or Written Statement, Affidavit-in-Reply as per instructions provided by concerned department and to get it file in the concerned matters.
- To update the record of the Law Department
- To intimate the passing of any order to the concerned department for further action
- To follow the court matters filed against/by Corporation
- To complete the procedure for payment of professional fees of Panel Advocate
- To file Caveat as per instructions of concerned department
- To file Vakalatnama, Appeals, Civil Applications, Writ Petitions etc.
- To update the website of law department
- To give opinion as per Commissioner’s directions
- Legal Advisor on PCPNDT Committee
- To complete the procedure of framing Rules, Regulations, Bye–Laws and Standing Orders in accordance Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Act, 1949.
- • In the year 2022-23 the sanctioned amount is Rs. 60,00,000/-
- • The amount used in the year 2022-23 is Rs. 32,16,182/-
HIERARCHY OF LAW DEPARTMENT
Clerk / Computer Operator cum Clerk
Legal Provision Provision
Responsibilities and Duties
Deputy Commissioner (M)
Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Act Section 1949
- Legal Case Management software has been developed in the law department for the smooth functioning of the law department and from the year 2000 till now, the record of claims/suit filed against the Municipal Corporation in the Civil Court, Thane is being updated. Also, the said information has been published on the website www.mbmcrti.com
- Regarding the use of the registered logo of the Municipal Corporation, the policy framed by the department has been approved by the General Body of the Corporation
- Also, the legal cases filed in the court regarding some important works in the sanctioned development plan of the municipal Corporation have been settled in favor of the municipal Corporation
- In most of the suits filed regarding the unauthorized constructions, orders have been passed in favour of the Municipal Corporation and accordingly action has been taken against the said unauthorised construction.
- In most of the claims/suits filed against the Municipal Corporation, written statements were followed up and filed by the Advocate by seeking proper information from the concerned department
- Record of bills issued to panel advocate of Mira Bhayander Municipal Corporation is being updated on the website of Law Department
- Most of the claims/suits related to the construction affected by the road widening were settled by filing an Undertaking on behalf of the municipal corporation
- To settle most of the claims/suits by filing an Undertaking that the construction will be demolished by taking legal action through the Municipal Corporation regarding the unauthorized construction
- Favourable order passed on 29/05/2020 by the CESTAT reducing the Service tax payable for the period 2015-16 and 2016-17 from Rs. 7,53,93,500/- to Rs. 19,23,991/-.
- In the year 2020-21, 20 claims/suits have been settled in favour of the Municipal Corporation in civil court Thane.
- In the year 2020-21, 23 petitions/appeals filed before the High Court of Bombay have been disposed of in favour of the Municipal Corporation in cases.
Law Department Related Cases
Hon’ble District Court Thane
Hon’ble High Court Mumbai
Hon’ble Supreme Court Delhi
Hon’ble Labour Court Thane